I Just Remodeled My Coram Kitchen Before a Fire -- Can My Appliances Look and Work Like New Again?
Hiring SERVPRO ives you the best chance of turning back the pages on a fire loss using the latest in equipment and research-based techniques.
The SERVPRO Team Is Always Expanding Our Fire Damage Cleanup Knowledge -- Trust Us to Take Care of Your Coram Kitchen
Sometimes the only luck homeowners feel like they have is bad, especially when a long-awaited kitchen refurbishing suffers a fire loss. Our managers and technicians are life-long learners in the restoration business, and we either have experience with your fire damage recovery challenges or know where to find answers fast.
Do I Move On and Take a Loss on My Fire-Damaged Appliances?
Appliances are throughout your house in Coram, so fire damage to these labor-saving amenities is a high probability. Even if insurance would cover a portion of the replacement cost, the inconvenience of going without and arranging for new models is very disruptive. Our employees are skilled in cleaning the surfaces of appliances and trained to evaluate if the electronic components need service by authorized technicians. We can ensure your carefully chosen kitchen suite swings back into operation “Like it never even happened.”
What Are the Techniques Used to Save Fire-Soiled Appliances?
The similarities between appliances and other hard-surfaced fixtures and household goods mean we use wet cleaning and polishing methods to respond. Most appliance finishes are solely or a combination of the following non-porous materials:
• Painted surfaces
• Composite materials
What Are the Characteristics of the Residues Seen on Kitchen Appliances?
Because the fuels in a kitchen are commonly protein-based, including oils, the soiling can be heavy and greasy. An effective response is to increase the alkalinity of the cleaning products, relying on the chemical action to cut through the tightly adhered soot. Care must be taken to avoid pitting of some metals with short dwell times and thorough rinsing.
Hiring SERVPRO of Patchogue gives you the best chance of turning back the pages on a fire loss using the latest in equipment and research-based techniques. Call us at (631) 924-1801 to schedule an evaluation and get started on the solution.
For more about Coram click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Patchogue, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Patchogue today at (631) 924-1801 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What All is Needed to Remove Water from My Patchogue Café?
SERVPRO is available 24/7 to restore your water damaged business.
SERVPRO professionals have advanced extraction tools and cleaning techniques to restore your Patchogue café after a water loss.
From sink fixture leaks to clean water overflows in the bathroom area of your café, addressing water loss incidents as quickly as possible is vital. In many cases, water emergencies have a finite timeline. Reducing structural deterioration and the migration of water loss effects are only part of this equation, as fast drying and restoration can help reduce microbial threats and keep your Patchogue business operational through recovery.
Even with direct actions like water removal for Patchogue businesses like yours, several approaches can get the job done. In addition to the extraction needs that your café has, you also require containment to prevent the migration of water into other areas of the building. Our SERVPRO professionals can often perform limited emergency services immediately upon arrival so that full-scale mitigation and restoration does not have to begin until after you have closed for the night.
What Are the Threats of Pooling Water?
Pooling water in areas like the bathroom can lead to potential problems and hazards for those exposed. While you should limit any traffic into this area beyond restoration professionals, the severity of this situation might dictate how capable you are of staying open during the emergency. With varying degrees of threat, some of the potential problems with standing water include:
- Slips and Falls
- Microbial Threats
What Are the Steps for Extracting Standing Water?
Extraction is a vital service that our professionals can perform as soon as we arrive at your damaged facility. Because many of your customers use areas like the bathroom in your building, addressing standing water should happen as soon as possible. There is a range of extractors. We choose between our available options correlates with the severity of the situation considerations like debris and solids in the water. Some of the extraction tools that our professionals use includes:
- Submersible Pumps – Submerging pumps into several inches of standing water can be the most direct approach to removing hundreds or even thousands of gallons of clean water over a couple of hours.
- Wet Vacuums – Wet vacuums are ideal for when water levels are below a couple of inches, yet still too high for only using drying efforts. The removal of surface water is a vital step for efficient drying.
- Squeegee Wands – With tile flooring in the bathroom areas of your café, we can utilize squeegee wands for clearing off lingering water on the floor's surface. The more efficient and thorough this clearing can be, the less likely water gets underneath the tiling.
- Carpet Wands – Migration of water in Patchogue businesses is a considerable threat with more substantial loss incidents, so saturation of carpet outside of the bathroom in your business can get damaged by spreading water. Carpet wands can help to pull trapped water from carpet fibers and padding with a powerful vacuum system.
Who Repairs Damaged Commercial Plumbing?
Not only is the removal of water and drying of your café restroom a top priority, but repairs must also occur before the room is ready for use again. While many restoration companies might encourage you to seek out subcontractors on your own to build back and repairs, our SERVPRO team features a full division of commercial contractors to help however you need it. We offer:
- Qualified Professionals – In both reconstruction and restoration, we devote time and resources to improving the knowledge and the experience of our professionals; however we can.
- Full-Scale Restoration – We offer far more than just plumbing repairs or light patching work. We have an experienced division of licensed contractors that can rebuild your business from the ground up if necessary or replace a damaged plumbing fixture quickly and correctly.
- Seamless Transitions Between Mitigation and Reconstruction – Time is always the enemy of any restoration project, so having fast and efficient transitions between restoration and reconstruction phases limits the time and money involved in restoring the property entirely.
Can My Business Stay Open After a Water Loss?
Staying open after a disaster involves a careful assessment by our responding professionals. While there are containment strategies that can be effective in even severe water loss scenarios, the location of the damage, and how complicated it would be to work around this activity, are determining factors for this decision.
Water losses can be a threatening force for your business, especially when you do not know for sure if you can stay open while restoration begins. Our SERVPRO of Patchogue team can help with efficient water removal and drying to make losses "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (631) 924-1801.
Why Would I Choose Professional Restoration for Water Damage?
SERVPRO can mitigate your water damage issue. Call the Patchogue SERVPRO Team, and watch them work miracles.
Our Team Offers Fast and Reliable Extraction and Drying to Protect Your Patchogue Home.
Water losses can be overwhelming, especially when you are juggling the preservation of your belongings with lessening the spread and severity of migrating water. As challenging as these conditions might initially appear to your Patchogue property, it can be worse when you do not have the appropriate tools to manage standing water or identify moisture damage beyond the surface.
There are many credible solutions for water removal in Patchogue homes, though our professionals lean most heavily on a handful of trusted devices and machines. Submersible pumps are often the centerpiece, helping to reduce standing water to a couple of inches. At this point, the surface water can get addressed by a wet vacuum.
What is the Harm of Standing Water?
- Material Deterioration
Standing water presents concerns because you cannot accurately identify other damages that might be occurring as a result. For example, standing water on hardwood floors can get absorbed into the planks through the cellulose in the makeup of the wood itself. After a brief time, trapped water bonds with the molecular structure of the material and distorts and bloats it.
Is There Water I Cannot See?
Water damage rarely only exists in areas you can see, meaning that migrating water is as much a threat to structural cavities and underlying materials as it is to the surface. With moisture meters, hygrometers, and thermal imagery, our SERVPRO professionals can get a better understanding of the presence of moisture in these areas and determine the best solution for removing it.
It can be overwhelming to take on the restoration of your home after a water loss incident on your own. In many cases, this can lead to inadequate drying that welcomes secondary loss like microbial threats. Let our SERVPRO of Patchogue team help you through the recovery process with efficient equipment and practices. You can reach us 24/7 at (631) 924-1801.
Find out more about Patchogue.
What Does Fire Restoration Entail for My Coram Residence?
We offer a comprehensive fire restoration experience that can save time and money.
Our SERVPRO Professionals Offer a Comprehensive Restoration Approach, Including Mitigation, Reconstruction, and Restoration in Coram
You might be unsure of the details when fire damage has already occurred, and now you are working to secure the right professionals to help. With so many areas of your house sticking out as priorities to clean and restore, not to mention the reconstruction that your property likely requires after this loss, choosing professionals like our SERVPRO team can be a cost-effective decision.
What Can I Expect from SERVPRO Technicians?
With fire damage to Coram residences, there are multiple layers of loss effects that our professionals must address simultaneously. Starting as soon as our technicians and residential contractors arrive throughout the recovery process, each of the steps that we take is deliberate and designed to reduce out-of-pocket expenses for our customers or better protect what matters most to them. During the mitigation and earlier recovery phases after a fire, you can expect to see our technicians performing:
• Debris Removal – This is a service that removes loose rubbish, ashes, and charred remnants of materials and contents of the house.?
• Controlled Demolition – Removing damaged portions of structural elements prevents demolishing an entire wall or flooring systems, which can make build back faster and more cost-effective.
• Surface Cleaning – Cleaning residues and staining from soot and smoke is another vital step in making losses “Like it never even happened.”
• Content Management – By choosing either on-site recovery or packing out your belongings to our SERVPRO facility, we can clean, deodorize, and restore your possessions to their original condition.
• Deodorization – Removing odors can be a considerable challenge, but with thermal foggers and ozone machines, we can neutralize odor molecules on contact.
• Build Back – One of the final steps of restoration and recovery is rebuilding damaged areas and reinstalling discarded materials. Our in-house contractors can complete this.
We offer a comprehensive fire restoration experience that can save time and money. Give our SERVPRO of Patchogue team a call today at (631) 924-1801.
For more about Coram click here.
My Separated Garage is Inundated with Floodwater, What Can I do?
When you find your Patchogue home or garage underwater from a flood--Call SERVPRO for Extraction and Restoration
Floodwater Removal in Patchogue is as Simple as Calling SERVPRO.
Many Long Island residents have a separated garage, which is a vehicle-housing structure detached from their main house. Several homeowners in Patchogue even have a detached garage connected to their boathouse. While this seems convenient during good weather, it can cause a lot of headaches during stormy conditions. Hurricanes, Nor’easters, and other severe storms routinely pass the Great South Bay throughout any given year. Related storm surges and excess water from torrential rains can quickly cause flooding. While these seemingly inevitable prospects are troubling, there are ways to limit damage and recover from such events.
Why is SERVPRO a Good Service Option for Handling Floodwater Removal in Patchogue?
There are numerous reasons why SERVPRO is an excellent service for floodwater removal from your separated garage in Patchogue. Here are just a few of them:
- The owners and technicians have decades of experience in handling these issues
- Our technicians are trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Workers are specifically certified in Water Damage Restoration and Applied Structural Drying
- We are experienced in removing and disposing of hazardous water and waste
- Our professionals use state-of-the-art equipment to remove floodwater and restore your separated garage
- We are located near you, are available 24/7, and can often be on-site within four hours of your call
Is There Anything I Can Do Before a Storm in Patchogue to Limit Potential Floodwater Damage?
Before the arrival of a storm, there are a few things you can do to minimize potential floodwater damage. These measures include:
- Moving your car or truck out of the garage to higher ground
- Trailering your boat and taking it to a safe storage location
- Removing any valuable tools, equipment, or loose items that could float away or be destroyed by water
- Boarding up any garage windows
- Making sure your detached structure’s roof and gutters are in good condition
- Ensuring that all drains around the standalone building are open and free of debris
Taking these steps prior to the arrival of storms and related flooding goes a long way to lessen the severity of potential floodwater damage.
What Happens After I Contact SERVPRO?
Once the storm has passed, call SERVPRO. Within four hours or so, we are at your Patchogue location and ready to get to work. Our trained and experienced technicians first work to rid your garage of standing water and flood-related waste. They start by:
- Employing extractors and pumps to remove standing water
- Spraying disinfectants approved by the EPA on impacted surfaces
- Raking and shoveling up mud and flood debris
- Removing and disposing of everything affected by floodwaters
After the initial floodwater and debris removal, our workers get started on drying and deodorizing your garage. This process occurs in the following stages:
- Dehumidifiers, air movers, and injectidry systems are used to dry the interior surfaces of your garage
- As this procedure is going on, moisture levels are measured with sensors and meters
- Once moisture levels reach appropriate levels, the drying process is considered complete
- Finally, after everything is dry, our technicians use foggers to disinfect and deodorize the building
How Does SERVPRO’s Service Benefit Me Over the Long-Term
Besides limiting the overall severity of your flood damage and returning your detached garage to operational condition, our service benefits you in other ways. First, our policy of always trying to restore things before replacing them ultimately saves you money and time. Over the long-term, SERVPRO’s work usually keeps your garage in top condition. It helps eliminate harmful microorganisms that can cause sickness and structural dry rot over time. Also, the deodorization we do neutralizes unpleasant and distracting odors. The effect of this deodorizing often lasts quite a long time.
Having a home on the south shore of Long Island offers you an excellent seaside lifestyle, but it is not without weather-related risks. Strong storms are relatively common year-round in this part of the Northeast. When these pass over or around the Patchogue area, they can bring with them substantial storm surges and catastrophic flooding. These floodwaters impact all structures on your property, especially those at lower elevations and nearest bodies of water. Take appropriate precautions before all serious forecasted storms and rest assured that there are floodwater removal services that can help if your property floods. The sooner you address storm-related issues and damage, the cheaper and quicker they are to correct or repair.
Remember not to panic when disaster strikes because that does not help. Instead, whenever you experience catastrophic flooding or even a more minor water-related event, give SERVPRO of Patchogue a call at (631) 924-1801.
What Should You Do When Water Heaters Leak in Patchogue Homes?
Water heaters are one of the leading sources of water damage for homeowners. SERVPRO has the tools and know how to restore your home.
Rapid Water Removal from a Patchogue Utility Room
Home water heaters can fail for a variety of reasons well before their expected ten- to twelve-year lifespan. Corroded anode rods, rusted tanks, and damaged supply lines or valves can all lead to water damage in your home. Without rapid mitigation, basements can become a haven for mold, mildew, odors, and efflorescence that tarnishes structures and eventually permanently damages them.
When your Patchogue home needs water removal after a water heater failure, SERVPRO technicians use their IICRC-accredited training to restore your home to its pre-disaster state. SERVPRO training involves not just understanding water damage and how to fix it, but also how to care for structural materials to maintain their usefulness after a disaster. SERVPRO's moisture measurement tools, such as thermohygrometers and infrared imaging, allow for maximum accuracy in mitigation and restoration by calculating the specific humidity of both surfaces and the air itself.
SERVPRO is Always Ready to Tackle Disasters
It is crucial to save homes, minimize losses, and maximize your home's restoration potential by acting quickly. To this end, SERVPRO has established teams at over 1,700 locations in the United States and Canada. These teams are staffed by residents who are in touch with the needs of the community. Technicians and franchise owners alike receive a thorough education in water damage cleanup, mitigation, and restoration so that homeowners can receive reliable advice for their insurance claims as well as a clean, safe home once more.
SERVPRO's Drying Process
The process for both structural and contents drying involves the use of air movement and dehumidification equipment. These machines work together to pull moisture out of surfaces and isolate that moisture for collection and disposal. However, different types of dehumidification equipment are ideal for different surfaces.
Refrigerant dehumidifiers, for example, are designed to lower relative humidity in the affected area to 40 grains per pound (gpp). Low-grain refrigerant coils can dry structures even further to below 40 gpp. Desiccant dehumidifiers use materials like silica gel to lower relative humidity to single-digit gpp, which can be useful in specialty drying situations.
SERVPRO of Patchogue is ready to leave your property looking, "Like it never even happened." When disaster strikes in your residence, you can call (631) 924-1801.
More about Patchogue.
We are Cleaning Experts
Stop the spread of pathogens with a professional cleaning for your home or business.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Patchogue, (631) 924-1801
Flooding In Your Patchogue Home
You can count on the fast and confident response of our SERVPRO of Patchogue team after a flood by calling (631) 924-1801.
Snowmelt Flooding Drying for Patchogue Homes
After severe snowstorms that can leave Patchogue and other local parts of New York under feet of snow, it does not take long for conditions to change enough to begin melting. With rivers, streams, and other bodies of water already overwhelmed by the influx of torrential weather, this melting snow can overcome the natural barriers of banks to become groundwater flooding threats to nearby homes and businesses.
Natural flood damage in Patchogue homes must get treated like a category 3 loss, or blackwater situation unless this perceived level of contamination can get reclassified with definitive proof. The advantage of working as though this level of contamination exists can ensure that both our SERVPRO contractors and responding technicians take the appropriate levels of safety precautions regarding their personal safety and the wellbeing of our customers.
Drying up the damaged areas starts with focused extraction efforts using gas-powered trash pumps and the truck-mount extractors. Both of these units can remove water and solids together from the damaged area, making it the better choice for water removal tools versus the more traditional electric submersible pump. With surface water removed, it is easier to determine which surfaces have become exposed to the contaminated floodwater and must get discarded for involved drying and cleaning of surfaces beyond the top layer.
Content management plays a big part in flood recovery as well. By moving your belongings to a safe space, our SERVPRO professionals can reduce the total property loss and the devastation of even widespread flooding effects. Fast action for your possessions can help prevent irreparable damages and work to keep more of your treasured keepsakes close to the work area. We have in-house and off-site cleaning, drying, and deodorization techniques designed to make flood damage to your house and your belongings “Like it never even happened.”
No matter how overwhelming snowmelt flooding can be, treating this emergency as a contaminated loss can help to give your property the care and consideration it requires. You can count on the fast and confident response of our SERVPRO of Patchogue team after a flood by calling (631) 924-1801.
For more about Patchogue click here.
Some Warning Signs of Water Damage Issues in Patchogue
Dealing with water damage in your home can be quite stressful. Contact SERVPRO for effective remediation services and help during this time.
Handling Water Damage in Your Patchogue Residence Quickly can Prevent Costly Repairs
Every homeowner dreads water damage because of the high cost of restoration. Additionally, water can completely ruin some irreplaceable items like old family photos, books, and other items with sentimental value. Water and moisture can also jeopardize the structural integrity of your house.
Water can mainly affect wooden components like walls, floors, wooden furniture, and ceilings. When facing water damage in your Patchogue residence, you can contact the technicians at SERVPRO to begin the mitigation and restoration process immediately. If you do not handle water damage properly, water can cause severe damage to the structures and contents of your home, and the destruction worsens over time. Some factors that determine the cost of restoring water-damaged properties include:
- The severity of the water loss
- The building materials and personal possessions that water damaged affect the cost of restoration. If restorers only have to deal with moisture, the restoration cost can be lower.
- Size of the affected area
- It is costlier to restore a property if water affects a larger area.
- Additional restoration work
If water has affected drywall, you may need to replace it. Similarly, if mold had the chance to grow, restorers need to perform mold remediation. These additional issues can increase the cost of restoring your home.
It requires training, specialized equipment, and expertise to dry and restore water-damaged homes properly. Our team can take measures to protect your contents from further damage. Before beginning the water extraction process, we can move furniture and other valuable possessions from the affected area to minimize water absorption and damage.
Our team can remove the standing water using appropriate pumps. After we remove the standing water, the remnant is excess humidity, which can cause mold infestation. We have the tools required to eliminate the excess moisture. We can use air movers and axial fans to enhance air circulation.
We can also provide humidity control in affected areas to reduce moisture migration, microbial amplification, and potential secondary damage. This involves setting up and turning on dehumidifiers to reduce humidity levels within the affected areas.
Our SERVPRO team understands that dealing with a water intrusion incident can be stressful. We can handle all aspects of water damage restoration, from the initial inspection to cleaning, drying, and repairs. Our technicians can take the time to understand your concerns and address them all.
SERVPRO of Patchogue has the expertise required to restore your home correctly. Call us at (631) 924-1801 at any time for help. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Patchogue.