If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (631) 924-1801

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why Did the Grease Fire Leave a Circle of Soot on My Ceiling?

8/27/2020 (Permalink)

Greasy smoke on kitchen ceiling and cabinets following kitchen fire An unattended pan caused this kitchen fire. We have the cleaners and were able to completely restore this home.

SERVPRO Technicians have Comprehensive Training in Handling all Types of Fire Damage and Restoring Local Patchogue Properties 

When a pan with grease or oil on a stove ignites, the worst thing that can happen is for someone to attempt to put out the flames with water. The water turns into a vapor immediately and expands the fire. The result can be a soot pattern on walls and ceilings that appears to be reaching outward. In many cases, this type of smoke damage can get removed from the surfaces by using advanced techniques.  

Why Does the Kitchen Still Smell So Bad After a Grease Fire/Smoke Cleanup? 

A grease fire/smoke cleanup in your Patchogue property comes with many challenges for SERVPRO technicians. When a protein is cooking in an oil-based substance such as lard, cooking, or olive oil, and it heats to flashpoint, the now airborne protein molecules spray out onto surfaces. The result is a barely visible, very intense film that needs more than soap and water to remove. SERVPRO techs use their specialized cleaning methods to:   

  • Lift away dried smoke residues off walls and ceilings
  • Mix solvent-based cleaning agents to remove greasy protein films
  • Test surfaces before cleaning to ensure the method chosen will not mar it 

Odor control is a big part of this type of restoration service. Once the visible areas get restored, the technicians apply the needed level of scent removal. SERVPRO has the equipment to handle both embedded odors and airborne, which is an effective way to neutralize the aftermath of a grease fire completely.  

SERVPRO of Patchogue at (631) 924-1801 helps local property owners with the aftermath of grease fire/smoke cleanup. The technicians are available 247 to make the damage to the home, "Like it never even happened." 

More about Patchogue.

Other News

View Recent Posts