What All is Needed to Remove Water from My Patchogue Café?
SERVPRO professionals have advanced extraction tools and cleaning techniques to restore your Patchogue café after a water loss.
From sink fixture leaks to clean water overflows in the bathroom area of your café, addressing water loss incidents as quickly as possible is vital. In many cases, water emergencies have a finite timeline. Reducing structural deterioration and the migration of water loss effects are only part of this equation, as fast drying and restoration can help reduce microbial threats and keep your Patchogue business operational through recovery.
Even with direct actions like water removal for Patchogue businesses like yours, several approaches can get the job done. In addition to the extraction needs that your café has, you also require containment to prevent the migration of water into other areas of the building. Our SERVPRO professionals can often perform limited emergency services immediately upon arrival so that full-scale mitigation and restoration does not have to begin until after you have closed for the night.
What Are the Threats of Pooling Water?
Pooling water in areas like the bathroom can lead to potential problems and hazards for those exposed. While you should limit any traffic into this area beyond restoration professionals, the severity of this situation might dictate how capable you are of staying open during the emergency. With varying degrees of threat, some of the potential problems with standing water include:
- Slips and Falls
- Microbial Threats
What Are the Steps for Extracting Standing Water?
Extraction is a vital service that our professionals can perform as soon as we arrive at your damaged facility. Because many of your customers use areas like the bathroom in your building, addressing standing water should happen as soon as possible. There is a range of extractors. We choose between our available options correlates with the severity of the situation considerations like debris and solids in the water. Some of the extraction tools that our professionals use includes:
- Submersible Pumps – Submerging pumps into several inches of standing water can be the most direct approach to removing hundreds or even thousands of gallons of clean water over a couple of hours.
- Wet Vacuums – Wet vacuums are ideal for when water levels are below a couple of inches, yet still too high for only using drying efforts. The removal of surface water is a vital step for efficient drying.
- Squeegee Wands – With tile flooring in the bathroom areas of your café, we can utilize squeegee wands for clearing off lingering water on the floor's surface. The more efficient and thorough this clearing can be, the less likely water gets underneath the tiling.
- Carpet Wands – Migration of water in Patchogue businesses is a considerable threat with more substantial loss incidents, so saturation of carpet outside of the bathroom in your business can get damaged by spreading water. Carpet wands can help to pull trapped water from carpet fibers and padding with a powerful vacuum system.
Who Repairs Damaged Commercial Plumbing?
Not only is the removal of water and drying of your café restroom a top priority, but repairs must also occur before the room is ready for use again. While many restoration companies might encourage you to seek out subcontractors on your own to build back and repairs, our SERVPRO team features a full division of commercial contractors to help however you need it. We offer:
- Qualified Professionals – In both reconstruction and restoration, we devote time and resources to improving the knowledge and the experience of our professionals; however we can.
- Full-Scale Restoration – We offer far more than just plumbing repairs or light patching work. We have an experienced division of licensed contractors that can rebuild your business from the ground up if necessary or replace a damaged plumbing fixture quickly and correctly.
- Seamless Transitions Between Mitigation and Reconstruction – Time is always the enemy of any restoration project, so having fast and efficient transitions between restoration and reconstruction phases limits the time and money involved in restoring the property entirely.
Can My Business Stay Open After a Water Loss?
Staying open after a disaster involves a careful assessment by our responding professionals. While there are containment strategies that can be effective in even severe water loss scenarios, the location of the damage, and how complicated it would be to work around this activity, are determining factors for this decision.
Water losses can be a threatening force for your business, especially when you do not know for sure if you can stay open while restoration begins. Our SERVPRO of Patchogue team can help with efficient water removal and drying to make losses "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (631) 924-1801.