Emergency Fire Damage Guidelines & Tips
Emergency Fire Damage Guidelines
- SERVPRO of Patchogue will contact you within one hour.
- SERVPRO of Patchogue will arrive at your home within four hours.
- SERVPRO of Patchogue will address your concerns and assess the situation:
- Identify the source of loss and safety issues
- What type of residue exists
- Pretesting for restoration will be conducted to determine:
- What is restorable and what method of restoration will be most effective?
- What items need special adjuster attention?
- SERVPRO of Patchogue will clean and deodorize soiled items:
- Walls, ceilings and flooring
- Upholstery and other contents
- SERVPRO of Patchogue will conduct a final walk through with you to ensure your satisfaction.
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- This may set the stains.
- Watch for safety issues and be careful.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- This stops food odors from developing inside your appliances.
- Limit any movement in the affected area.
- This prevents smearing of the soot particles
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water.
- Do not use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water.
- They may have been contaminated.
- Do not turn on ceiling fan or electronics, including the television or personal computer.