When Storms or Floods hit New York, SERVPRO of Patchogue is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Patchogue.
SERVPRO of Patchogue specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit New York, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 631-924-1801
Restoring Your New York Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at New York State commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Patchogue
SERVPRO of Patchogue specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your New York Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 631-924-1801
DON'T MISS A MEAL
An empty restaurant can cost you money. SERVPRO of Patchogue can help you reduce or eliminate business interruptions caused by fire, water or mold damages.
No matter the reason, when a restaurant is unable to open its doors, the cost can become significant. SERVPRO of Patchogue understands the urgency of getting fire, water or mold damages taken care of quickly and correctly to minimize business interruption and recovery costs. SERVPRO of Patchogue provides 24-hour emergency services, as well as specialized cleaning services for emergency or special situations. SERVPRO utilizes the 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines to help ensure fast response and timely mitigation. Also, SERVPRO of Patchogue offers maintenance services, such as good and kitchen exhaust cleaning, helping to ensure your restaurant is always clean and ready for business.
Fire and Smoke Damage Do's and Do Not's
- Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
- Clean soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances and protect with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Pour RV antifreeze into sinks, toilet bowls and tubs if heat is off during freezing season
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants
- Change HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Patchogue.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Patchogue.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV, Radio, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. (They may be contaminated)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
These tips are for clean water situations only:
- Shut off water source if possible
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting
SERVPRO of Patchogue's Country Night for the Troops Fundraiser
On April 1st, 2017 we hosted our first fundraiser for the United States Troops, and it was a huge success. We partnered with the USO in order to achieve the maximum amount of money possible.
For over 75 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, throughout their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back into their communities, the USO is always by their side. The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation. The USO is not part of the federal government. As a congressionally chartered, privately run organization, the USO relies on the generosity of individuals, organizations and corporations to support its activities, and is powered by a family of volunteers to accomplish their mission of connection.
We raised over $10,000 for the United States troops and we had a great time doing it. We are anxiously looking forward to hosting our second fundraiser in 2018!
Spring is right around the corner which means it's time to start thinking about your spring cleaning! Your home says a lot about you and makes an impression on all those who enter it. Here at SERVPRO of Patchogue we offer top quality professional cleaning services for your entire home (junk removal, carpet cleaning, blinds and drapes cleaning, ceilings, walls and hard floor cleaning). So this March, SPRING into action and call your local SERVPRO Professionals at SERVPRO of Patchogue! 631-924-1801.
How to Safely Clean Mice Droppings
How to Safely Clean Mouse Droppings
Mice are carriers of potentially diseases and bacteria. Areas of your home infested by mice will no doubt contain considerable amounts of urine, feces and saliva. Once all the mice have been removed and their continued entry prevented then it is important to clean up the mess. Mouse contamination inside cupboards, behind appliances or on top of counters can very be very dangerous stuff. It is essential that certain safety measures are observed.
Hantavirus is one of the greatest health concerns associated with mouse droppings. The virus lives inside mice feces and when disturbed can become airborne. Humans that inhale the disease are most at risk for transmission. During the cleaning process, every effort should be made to prevent stirring up harmful dusts.
- Begin by airing out the infected space. Open as many doors and windows as possible for at least 30 minutes to allow for proper ventilation. Remain out of the space during this time.
- Be sure to wear proper safety equipment during cleanup. It is recommended to wear a full-face respirator with certified P100 filter cartridges. These can be purchased at safety supply stores. Disposable paper dust masks do not provide the same amount of protection and should not be used to clean up toxic messes. Non-absorbent or rubber gloves should also be worn.
- To prevent hazardous particles from becoming airborne never sweep or vacuum mouse droppings.
- Carefully soak all infected surfaces with commercial grade disinfectant. A mixture of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water can also be used.
- Wipe up all droppings and nesting material using a paper towel and dispose of in well-sealed plastic bags. Place bags outside in a sealed container and put out for garbage collection. Be sure to dispose of gloves and towels as well.
- Thoroughly wash hands and clothing in with soap and water.
CLEANING MOUSE DROPPINGS IN THE ATTIC
Mice that have found their way into a home will spend a great deal of time in the attic. The warm and darkness of attics makes it an ideal place for mice to hide and breed. Homeowners can often go years without knowing they have mice attic and shocked to discover just how much activity has been going on just above their heads.
With time, attic that is home to mice will begin show significant evidence. One quick look into the attic will reveal not only their tunnels through the insulation but also the thousands of droppings they have left behind. Mice scatter their droppings wherever they go, making it impossible to perform spot clean ups. In many cases, a full attic restoration is required.
Mouse droppings inside your attic are not only harmful to your health; they can also significantly hurt the value of your home. Documented mouse activity on home inspector’s report will not go unnoticed by potential buyers. To avoid this situation is may be necessary to remove and replace all contaminated insulation.
54th Annual Patchogue Christmas Parade
One of the best times that SERVPRO of Patchogue has is when we participate in Patchogue's Annual Christmas Parade on Main Street. This event is a great way to show our support for the great town of Patchogue and is also a time to connect with the community. Hundreds of people come out to see all the floats that local vendors and businesses have put together with their staff. Children are encouraged to bring their letters to Santa Claus, and families can also write a separate letter wishing holiday greetings to servicemen and women. This year we decided to decorate our Army truck that we use when handling large commercial losses. We decorated the truck with SERVPRO green Christmas lights and had Christmas music blasting from huge speakers that filled the streets with holiday cheer. Our employees and their families stood in the back of the truck waving to all who came out to see the parade. This event is always a great way to spend time in the the town we love with the people we hold most dear to our hearts! We have already started to think of bigger and better ways we can make the 55th Annual Christmas Parade the best it can be for all the patrons of Patchogue who gather every year to watch this event.